NSW – Health and Safety Representative (HSR) Training
NSW - HEALTH & SAFETY REPRESENTATIVE (HSR) TRAINING
This SafeWork NSW – Health and Safety Representative (HSR) Training aims to provide participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to fulfill their role as Health & Safety Representatives (HSRs) and influence health and safety outcomes in their workplace.
Kylie Dowell of Dowell Solutions is an ‘Approved Provider’ and the ‘Nominated Trainer’ by SafeWork NSW that meets the qualification and industry experience requirements set out by SafeWork NSW. (Access Approval Letter Here)
“Although this training is designed for Health & Safety Representatives (HSR’s), it is highly beneficial for anyone wishing to gain a better understanding of safety legislation, their responsibilities, risk assessment, and much more.”
This training covers Legislation applicable to WHS in the workplace, PCBU, worker and third party responsibilities in relation to WHS in the workplace, worker’s compensation and rehabilitation, accident investigation process, workplace risks, and hazards, workplace inspections, cessation of unsafe work, and PINs.
Delivered with a combination of class theory, group discussions, group activities, and hands-on activities outside the classroom, provides participants with the knowledge and skills to support workplace safety.
Health and Safety Representatives (HSR’s), Managers and Supervisors, Human Resources, Business owners, PCBU’s or anyone who has an interest in gaining skills and knowledge in Health and Safety and the current WHS legislation.
Participants will receive a SafeWork NSW Health and Safety Representative (HSR) Training Certificate of Attendance. This certificate is issued by Dowell Solutions – Kylie Dowell (SafeWork NSW Number RTO800468).
LENGTH & DELIVERY
Public Courses: 5 Days – Delivered face to face, spread over two weeks. With four public courses delivered per year in Wagga Wagga NSW.
Corporate Bookings: 5 Days consecutively or 5 Days, broken up over a few weeks.
- Introduction to Work Health and Safety consultation
- The importance of Workplace Safety and the legislative framework
- Work Health and Safety terminology
- Identifying key parties’ WHS legislative duties and functions
- Role and function of SafeWork NSW
- Developing the Foundations of effective consultation,
- The role of HSRs in workplace consultation
- PCBU obligations
- Managing risks
- Consultation and risk management
- Effective communication skills
- Problem solving, negotiating and issue resolution
- Workplace inspections
- Responding to incidents
- Notifiable incidents
- Provisional Improvement Notices
- Ceasing unsafe work
- Training is delivered by an experienced WHS industry practitioner with strong knowledge of relevant WHS legislation and Codes of Practice
- Practical and theoretical activities
- Participant notes and a full copy of the Work Health and Safety Act 2011
- HSR Survival Student pack
- HSR Private Support Group
- FREE Safety Journal/Diary